Mobile Web: It’s NOT enough to have a Website anymore
I’m sure everyone has noticed how awesome the mobile devices are that we have been using. How could you not notice when there are options like iPhone and others available? These phones allow you to do practically anything and everything on them, oh yeah you can talk on them too!
As we embrace the huge selection of mobile phone options we open ourselves to the vast amount of information that is available by way of mobile device. This technology has literally made us mobile, I mean really mobile. We are no longer chained to the wall for conversations and to our desks for Internet access.
This technology has opened so many doors, and as business owners it has extended our reach beyond the traditional website. That is if we have been paying attention. At one time it was enough to have JUST a website but not anymore. Now we have to have a Facebook business page, a Blog in addition to our traditional website. We need to start thinking mobile!
Check out some of the stats below
- 1.08 Billion Smartphone’s worldwide
- By 2014, mobile internet should overtake desktop usage
- One half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices
- 86% of mobile Internet users are using their device while watching TV
- 29% of mobile users are open to scanning a mobile tag to get a coupon.
- On average Americans spend 2.7 hours per day socializing on a mobile device
- 91% of mobile Internet access is to socialize
- Over 1/3 of Facebook’s 600 million+ user base uses Facebook Mobile
- 200 million+ YouTube views occur on mobile devices per day
- Women aged 35‐54 are the most active group in mobile socializing
Do you visit mobile websites? Are you happy with the site? If you are a business owner do you have a mobile version of your blog? As usual, I welcome opinions, good, bad, ugly or indifferent. Feel free to leave a comment, catch me on Twitter or post directly on my Facebook Page.