What You Need To Do Before #Facebook Timeline Is Implemented
Posted by anisesmith
After getting a sneak peak at the Facebook convention when Timeline was introduced to the world, I was very excited to get it moving and to implement this for my Facebook profile. So, since I was a Facebook developer I had an opportunity to move forward with Timeline immediately. I actually thought that the roll out would be right behind. However that has not been the case, it has not rolled out and many have NOT moved forward with Timeline. I cant imagine why, because it is really cool.
Well Facebook will be rolling out the official Timeline for all sooner rather than later for those that are ready or not. So for all that have resisted the urge to upgrade, it is time. The layout is very different than the old layout that we are use to. I am very biased but I really LOVE the look of it, the functionality and the ability to customize it.
Check Before you Implement Timeline
- Check your settings: I do know that all of your setting are suppose to move over; however, I would check them anyway.
- Check your lists if you had lists: Like settings, these were suppose to carry over to Timeline but I would check them just to make sure. I do remember that the lists that I had displayed on my front page before I implemented Timeline were no longer on display but they lists were still intact, but no longer displayed
- Check for old post that you may not want to be viewed: This was a biggie for me, because I had an old rant or two that was no longer applicable LOL that I did not want displayed in my Timeline. So make sure you go through and delete any posts that you may not want displayed. Unless you are an angel and never used Facebook to rant. Don’t judge me people. :-)
- Add a cool Cover Photo : You will have the ability to add a cool photo as a focus point on your Timeline. This is really cool!
- Hide From TimeLine: When people post crap to your page you can hide it. Oops did I say that? LOL Well unless you want to display all your Farmville, Castleville, WasteOfTimeVille postings. Now you can opt to hide them easily, if you chose to do so.
- Post View List: When you post anything you have an, easy to use option, that allows you to display posts to different people, lists etc. So you can select to display certain posts to different groups of people. Now you don’t have to worry about your boss seeing the holiday party pics but you can opt to show them them to the friends that got wasted and made fools of themselves. Not that you would do that or anything. :-)
- Life Events: Is really cool, it allows you to add things that are important in your life from the past and present. You can add, wedding, anniversaries, births, graduations and more.
- Facebook Timeline: How to Enable It With One Click [PICS] (mashable.com)
- Facebook Timeline Is on Your Phone Today, Too [Facebook] (gizmodo.com)
- Facebook Timeline Now Available for All (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
About anisesmithAnise Smith has a Masters Degree in Internet Marketing from Full Sail University. She is President and Director of Anise Smith Marketing which specializes in New Media Marketing Strategies such as Mobile Web, QR code Products, Virtual World Integration and more. She has clients primarily focused in the entertainment and music industries which include music producers, artists, managers and booking agents. Anise is also the Digital Marketing Specialist of a Full services healthcare Company, located in Cherry Hill, NJ. She uses her healthcare and pharmaceutical marketing background to implement cutting edge digital marketing strategies that merge traditional and digital mediums. She is in charge of creating and implementing marketing strategies for seven internal health services brands. Her strategy for a new media marketing mix includes digital marketing, social media optimization, web analytics, video creation/editing, eCommerce platforms, mobile web readiness, custom CMS driven iFrame pages, custom branded WordPress layouts, building traditional/digital brand awareness and more. Her ultimate goal is to merge traditional marketing with digital marketing strategies to increase brand awareness, increase exposure and potentially increase sales online and offline within the health care services industry. She also works as an advocate for a soon to be non profit organization which provides college and educational resources for inner city kids, Urban Freshman. When she is not online she is a rabid Philadelphia EAGLES Fan, closet Foodie and single mom to a miniature male version of herself.
Posted on December 16, 2011, in Facebook, Internet Marketing, Web and tagged Anise Smith, Facebook, Farmville, Internet Marketing, Marketing, Online Communities, privacy settings, Social Media, Social network, Social Networks, Technology, TimeLine, Web. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.