The 12 Essential #WordPress Plugins That EVERY #BLOGGER NEEDS
Posted by anisesmith
I am truly a reformed WordPress basher and I fully admit that I was totally wrong. I use WordPress.com for this blog and WordPress.org for a few additional blogs that I write for. I have tried practically every blogging platform available, Posterous, Blogger and Tumblr ( I still use Tumblr and I love this platform as well). I have found WordPress to be an amazing platform and this is primarily due to the abundance of plugins available.
- Google Analyticator: Any an all online presences need analytics! If you create a blog or website you really need to have the ability to monitor the effectiveness of your work. The Google Analyticator does just that.
- Googlyzer: Is a plugin that I just started using and I really love it. This plugin allows you to pull Google Analytics from Google right into a WordPress Dashbord. This is a great time saver!
- My Category Order: As you know the listing for Category is in a default order but this plugin allows you to rearrange the order according to your needs.
- My Link Order: This is the same as My Category Order except it allows you to change the order of your links.
- My Page Order: I absolutely LOVE my page order because like the above two plug ins, My Page Order allows you to change the order of your WordPress Pages.
- Pinterest Pinboard Widget: Everyone loves Pinterest and we all want to show off our Pin Boards. This Plugin allows you to do just that. You can select how many columns and rows that you’d like to display.
- Trackable Social Share Icons: Everyone uses social media icons to share their content, but as a lover of Analytics I love this plugin because it allows you to attach analytics to social sharing icons.
- Ultimate TinyMCE: I absolutely LOVE this plugin! This tiny, yet very powerful plug in allows you to add an amazing editing ability to your blog posts. It’s like a little HTML Editor build right into WordPress and this is one plugin that I can’t do without!
- Tweet old post: Tweet Old Posts allows you to share previously created blog posts with your Twitter followers.
- Tumblrize: Allows you to autopost to Tumblr.
- wpSUBpages Redirect: This is another favorite! This plugin allows you to redirect WordPress Pages to other page, subpages or URL’s
- Twitter Badge Widget: This simple but wonderful plugin allows you to add your tweets to your blog.
One of the most powerful thing about a WordPress blog is its ability to create an easy avenue in which to add different functionality as needed. The plugins are on of the things that make this platform so attractive to bloggers. The amazing array of plugins created by these amazing developers have really propel this platform to the forefront and it’s what truly makes WordPress the ROCKSTAR of blogging platforms.
- #SocialMedia Platforms And #EmpireAvenue: Different Strokes For Different Folks (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- Woman In The Workplace: What Have We Accomplished? [Infographic] (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- #Facebook IPO: It’s NOT A Double Rainbow But What Does It Mean [Infographic] (anisesmithmarketing.com)
About anisesmithAnise Smith has a Masters Degree in Internet Marketing from Full Sail University. She is President and Director of Anise Smith Marketing which specializes in New Media Marketing Strategies such as Mobile Web, QR code Products, Virtual World Integration and more. She has clients primarily focused in the entertainment and music industries which include music producers, artists, managers and booking agents. Anise is also the Digital Marketing Specialist of a Full services healthcare Company, located in Cherry Hill, NJ. She uses her healthcare and pharmaceutical marketing background to implement cutting edge digital marketing strategies that merge traditional and digital mediums. She is in charge of creating and implementing marketing strategies for seven internal health services brands. Her strategy for a new media marketing mix includes digital marketing, social media optimization, web analytics, video creation/editing, eCommerce platforms, mobile web readiness, custom CMS driven iFrame pages, custom branded WordPress layouts, building traditional/digital brand awareness and more. Her ultimate goal is to merge traditional marketing with digital marketing strategies to increase brand awareness, increase exposure and potentially increase sales online and offline within the health care services industry. She also works as an advocate for a soon to be non profit organization which provides college and educational resources for inner city kids, Urban Freshman. When she is not online she is a rabid Philadelphia EAGLES Fan, closet Foodie and single mom to a miniature male version of herself.
Posted on May 19, 2012, in Blogging, Portfolio, Wordpress and tagged Facebook, Internet Marketing, Marketing, Paper towel, Social Media, wordpress, wordpress plugins. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.