Category Archives: YouTube
To those that may be unaware, social media is starting to BE The Media choice for news. We have really moved beyond getting news in a traditional way and we have moved toward more social ways of obtaining our news, entertainment and otherwise. Social media as a means to get news is really growing in popularity to the point that traditional news outlets are falling behind. This is primarily due to having the ability to get news from mobile devices and tables on demand. I know, when something happens or when I want to find out more information about practically ANYTHING I got online and scout out my online content sources.
Social Media and content is so mobile and global that it has really expanded the reach of many. I love that social media has really allowed people to move out of their geographic area and to mainstream quicker than ever. Psy and Gangnam is a huge example of expansion into a much more global world by way of social media, social content and viral video.
A few weeks ago before this became a phenomenon, my son showed me this video. He is 13 and heavily into K-Pop or Korean Pop music. He is part Korean (1/4) so he is very interested in this culture. He additionally is very into sharing content with me that will give me laugh. I must really give him credit for a lot of my really funny Facebook wall content. So a few weeks ago he showed me this video and I thought it was absolutely hysterical. I LOVED this guy immediately because he was so entertaining. I asked my son immediately if this was suppose to be a “serious” video because it was so campy and funny. At 13 he gave me a look that said…”look mom, I’m only 13 and it’s not that deep for me…”
Psy created a runaway hit in Gangnam style so much that there have been many versions of this video created which is a for sure indication of how successful it is. Psy is a Korean pop star that I’m sure had NO idea of what would happen when he created the video Gangnam Style. I am also pretty sure that he is very please with the results and amazed at the power of social media.
This is a GREAT example of how social media efforts can really give brands exposure through the sharing of content. Not every brand will experience this kind of exposure, however it does display the importance of increasing your social media presence AND adding video to your digital marketing strategy.
Gungnam Style specifically is an example of the replacement of traditional media and it’s importance. At one time the successfulness of songs and video were totally dependent upon traditional TV and Cable mediums. That is no longer the case due to YouTube and social media being uses as an avenue to push content. This is also and example of how important visual elements are to the digital marketing strategy.
Take a look below at some of the visual elements that you can easily incorporate into your social media strategy.
- YouTube: Video is huge and should be the first element included in social media strategy. Create a Youtube channel, customize it with your brand and start adding videos. I would be great to use a 60 second commercial as the feature video of your channel and then add others as you see fit. Learning how to create videos is a great skill to have and can only be good for business because you can create tutorials, videos about your business and more. These videos can be shared to your Facebook Page, on Twitter, your blog and other social media channels. Also, Youtube video is indexed by Google so it will aid in exposure for your brand.
- Slideshare:Everyone has created a presentation or two for company meetings. Use Slideshare to share these presentations online and also add value to some of your blog posts by incorporating these presentations.
- Flickr: Is a great channel to host and share photos. You could add photos of company events, blog images and more. You can also chose how you’d like to share these images with others.
- Pinterest: Is the newest and is being labeled one of the hottest image sharing social media platforms out there. I suggest you start pinning as well. It is fun and offers a great opportunity to promote your brand through images.
What’s really great about all of the channels above are that they offer an opportunity to increase brand awareness by way of visual medium and they also increase your chances of having your content shared.
We are, right now living through a historical transition of how we communicate, share and promote content. It’s HUGE and businesses really should be paying attention. Gangnam Style, although just a video, really displays this change for all to see.
- Why You MUST Ignore Your Social Media Scores (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- Businesses Should Mimic The Politicians With #SocialMedia with [Infographic] (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- Mobile Web is Not COMING It’s HERE Just In Case You Haven’t Noticed [Infographic] (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- Psy’s “Gangnam Style” MV hits 300 million views on YouTube (allkpop.com)
All technology and social media focused people recognize the power of social media but I have never seen such a powerful depiction of social media as the video below. It could be that Social Media is THE NEW FORM OF MEDIA, display, shared and told from OUR perspective! This video will give you Chills!
- 2012 Its Time To Organize Your #SocialMedia Channels ALL In One Place With #XeeMe @AxelS (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- That was Then, This Is NOW: #Facebook and #SocialMedia AS WE KNOW IT NOW… (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- Are You YouTubing? #SocialMedia And #YouTube Go Hand In Hand (anisesmithmarketing.com)
YouTube is the SECOND most search channels online, first only to Google. That is HUGE! This is reason enough for you to seriously consider adding Youtube to your arsenal of social media tools. Think about how big that is and how big that could be for your brand. A person searches Google 1st and then pops over to Youtube to search. So if you have your brand on Youtube this is definitely a For The Win for your brand.
Something else to think about, Google is #1 for search, Youtube is #2 , both of which are Google holdings. So think about the importance of Google+, I’m just throwing it out there.
Youtube is not one of the channels that can be easily used for original content as some of the other social media channels because there is a little creativity and skill needed to to create original content. This is something that not all people have but it can be acquired and there are a few options that can be explored immediately.
First you need to get started with creating a Youtube channel for your brand. Add your logo and customize the channel with your brand. There are a few options when creating a look for you channel that are standard but you can go beyond that. You can add a custom background and tweak the colors to totally match your brand.
If you are unfamiliar with creating a video, a good way to get a quick video up for your channel is to use some of the video creation tools provided by Google. Take a look below.
How to create an easy video for your channel.
- Xtranormal is an avenue that allows you to create an easy animated video in a few steps. This can be used to create a video about your brand, company or new promotion that you are having. I created an Xtranormal video for the introduction of one of my new company capabilities. I was introducing QR Code Products so I thought I would use this avenue to create a bit of an intro of this service.
- Search Stories allows you to create a video based on search criteria. You can create a great video for your company or brand using search terms. See the example below.
Take a look at the Infographic is below, it will give you an indication of how HUGE Youtube is and how you can’t afford to ignore it.
By Freemake, proud developer of YouTube Converter
OK, times-a-wasting’ Go ahead, get started!
- YouTube Changes: Everything You Need To Know (scoop.it)
- 12 Social Media Channels you need in 2012 (anisesmithmarketing.com )
- Top 5 Trends for Search & Social Media Marketing in 2012 – Search … (scoop.it)
- YouTube Officially Launches Its New Homepage Design [Video] – SocialTimes.com (scoop.it)