Social Media is quickly taking the place of traditional media, so shouldn’t there be a conscious effort to step up the INTERNET MARKETING game beyond just a Facebook post and 140 characters and link by way of Twitter. There are so many other channels that need to be tackled if marketers are NOT to be viewed as people just playing on Facebook and Twitter.
One of the benefits of obtaining advanced training, certifications and or Terminal Degrees in Internet Marketing is having the tools and strategic ability to provide services beyond the page update and tweet. Social Media can be a very powerful tool if used properly to promote a brand, increase awareness and engage current / potential customers. If your Internet Marketer has more of a strategic background, they will have the ability to uphold and rock the Internet Marketing CODE:
Content: One of the first things that must be planned when creating a marketing strategy is planning the kind of content that will be provided to a particular social media channel. One thing that must be a given, the content must be GREAT. No matter what Content is still King.
- Original Content: Creation of original blog content is a great way to provide relevant and useful information to followers. It allows a way to put a spin on a topic while providing information of value.
- Shared Links: There are so many blogs, websites and new sources online that supplying relevant and useful content is easy to do by sharing links to friends, followers and customers by way of social media channels.
- Curated Content: This is one of the fastest growing segments of social media and it is really growing in popularity due to the ability to supply an abundance of relevant information to followers. Additionally content curation allows the ability to share a variety of opinions by sharing different content from an abundance of sources.
Optimization: There is an abundance of different social media channels, so much so that it is almost overwhelming. When creating an Internet Marketing Strategy it is highly recommended that a selection of different social media channels are selected and the content is then optimized. This involves merging traditional SEO/SEM strategies into the social media marketing plan.
Delivery: After creating great content, then optimizing that content for social media channels the next step is creating an effective way to deliver that content to your followers. Facebook, Twitter and Stumble Upon is a great vehicle to deliver your content. These channels should not, by any means be the extent of your Internet Marketing Strategy.
Evolution: One of the most important thing in any Internet Marketing Strategy is to continue to evolve, grow and add more services to your company capabilities. Evolving beyond social media, status updates and 140 characters is something that we all must aspire to.
Internet Marketing CODE: Content, Optimization, Delivery and Evolution is a MUST!
- Your #SocialMedia Sucks Because Your Intern Would Rather Play #BeerPong (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- Social Media Tools #Oprah Style Favorite Things: Prepare to Scream Like a Girl (AniseSmithMarketing.com )
- Why Just Social Media and NOT Internet Marketing (AniseSmithMarketing.com)
- Social Media Marketing: Exposure, Brand Awareness & Increased Sales (AniseSmithMarketing.com)