Marketing as it once was is totally obsolete, which means the way in which you are pushing your message is NOT effective at worse and not as effective as it once was at the very best. Either way it is really time to reevaluate how you are marketing your business. YES I went there!
I know that there are some things that can’t be altered and or changed but there has to be a system wide organizational adaption to New Media Marketing Technologies or your company will indeed go the route of the Steel Mills in Allentown. I am Singing, Living Here in Allentown by Billy Joel.
I would say that Times are-a-changing but we are beyond that now. We have totally transcending what traditional marketing and media once was to where we are now. We are living in a much more social world, and honestly I can’t see it moving backward to embrace what once was. So ultimately, no one cares about your marketing chain of command, how you use to market your organization or your pre-packaged message from the “POWERS THAT BE” of your organization. It is quite frankly time to adapt or die.
We are so much beyond traditional marketing that even your companies traditional static web presence has gone the route of tyrannosaurus rex. People, consumers, clients and potential clients want to know what your company is about, they need to hear news, they want to see your pictures, they want to see the company picnic videos ect., NOT the prepackage message that the stodgy old board members worked on creating for the last 8 weeks.
Companies that still don’t have a blog, Twitter presence, Facebook presence, Flickr presence, Google+ Brand Page and YouTube video channel are screwed until thet opt to get with the program. This is primarily because technology is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds. People that are totally engrossed in technology and its advancements still feel like n00bs because things are growing so fast.
We are now in the later stages of Web 2.0 which is social and engaging technological platforms and moving toward Web 3.0 which is Semantic & Immersive Web Technologies, Augmented Reality, 3D and 4D Technologies and more. So it’s really time to catch up and catch up fast. Some of the things that you need to do NOW:
- Create a Corporate Blog: Talk about your company, what you do, your staff and company events. Share your videos and pics in your blog posts. People love pics and videos it allows them to see what your company is about beyond the corporate image.
- Make a Facebook Business Page: Talk to your followers, share information that is of value to them. Share videos, and pics.
- Start a Twitter presence: Share information and engage, DO NOT push your prepackaged message down the throats of your follower.
- Create a YouTube Channel: Create videos about your company, events, charity events and more. Share your videos within your social media channels.
- Create a Google+ Brand Page: Share your blog, events, pics from Flickr, videos from Youtube, talk and engage with your followers. Get to know your peeps, dude.
- Add Flickr to your mix: Take pics of your office, your employees, events, parties and charity events. Share your pics in your blogs and in your social media mix.
Technology growth is not going to stop for you and your company to catch up. The speed in which technology is growing is faster than even the tech focused can keep up with sometimes. It is beyond imperative that you implement some new marketing strategies into your old school marketing mix at the least. At best I say, scrap a huge portion of your lame outdated traditional marketing mix, go Web 3.0 and go with a full speed ahead new marketing technology mix. Some things that you can do add a little new media marketing to your mix:
- Consult with some new fresh blood if you have an old school marketing department
- Add some QR codes to your Print Ads
- Look at Augmented Reality a way to spice up your campaigns
- Add a blog to your static website so you can provide fresh content often
- Add a mobile website & add an automatic redirect for your web/blog . This allows your website/blog visitors to automatically be routed to your mobile site when they are on their mobile device.
- Created QR Code Campaigns and steer them toward your mobile site.
- Optimize all of your Social Media Platforms
- #QRCodes: Create and Market Responsibly (qrcodepromoproducts.com)
- #Twitter: Doing it in 140 Characters (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- The Importance of Flickr in Your Marketing Mix (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- Your Social Media Sucks (anisesmithmarketing.com)