Everyone has to admit that Facebook is pretty awesome. Even those that hate Facebook have to acknowledge that Facebook is pretty amazing and has really changed how we communicate, share information and how businesses communicate with customers. The people that hate Facebook would probably never admit this by I know that they are harboring a secret social media crush on the platform.
Although there are business pages for Facebook I find that a lot of people use their personal profile as a way to network, I do this as well. Facebook started as a place to catch up with family and friends but soon turned into a place that I do a lot of business networking so I would say that 90% of my Facebook personal page interaction is business related.
Due to some of the recent changes with implementing Facebook Timeline, tweaking of lists and the introduction of personal subscriptions it has made it really easy to use Facebook personal page as a business tool in addition to having personal interactions with friends and family.
If you select to use your personal Facebook page a an avenue of business as well, there are a few things that you should do, if you have opted into Facebook Timeline.
- Branding Cover Photo: Use the Cover Photo as an amazing branding opportunity for your company. I had the opportunity to work with Joshua Bevan to create an Amazing Cover photo for my Facebook page. The blog image was created by Joshua. How much does he ROCK!! Watch his video below.
- Tweak Your Privacy Settings: Create lists that allow you to post information for a public profile, business contacts and friends.
- Allow Subscribers: This allows people that are not your friends to follow your public profile. After you do this make sure you post information of value for the people that have subscribe by using the public option when you post.
Have fun and rock some serious business in 2012 start with having a business focus with all online channels, that’s my goal!
- 2012 Beginners Internet Marketing Guide (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- 2012: How New Media Works, THE 12 Social Media Platforms Explained (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- What You Need To Know Before Facebook Timeline is Implemented (anisesmithmarketing.com)