One of the things that Social Media peeps battle on a regular basis is content creation, which is the ideal way to extend your brand identity, expand your network and potentially created avenues of opportunity to meet clients. This is one of the reasons that content is king!
We all know that social media can be very time consuming if done properly and worse if not done properly. Either way social media can take a great portion of allocated time so there is always a quest to find ways to continue providing great content while managing time effectively. Can you say Content Curation??
Well, I LOVE Content Creation! I do not exclusively curate content, but I balance original content creation and curation which provides an abundance of information to my followers. I realized early on with social media that I could NOT provide the amount of content that I wanted to my followers because there is just not enough hours in a day. Additionally, I can only provide my perspective on any one subject. Enter Content Curation, which allows me to provide an abundance of information to those that follow me while providing different perspectives other than my own.
My absolute favorite platform used to curate content is Scoop.it. There are others but I’ve found this fits my needs so much more than the others.
- Anise Smith QR Codes
- Augmented Reality & The Future Of The Internet
- Apple Rocks
- NFC: All about Mobile Payments & Near Field Communications
- Social Media Optimization & Search Engine Optimization
- Cloud Computing The Future Or Not So Much
- Semantic Web and The Future of Technology
- Mobile, Tables & More
- Social Gaming & The Gamification of Social Media
In a nutshell content curation allows you to take valuable information from a variety of sources and compile it into one area and then supply this information to your followers. I curate a variety of topics most of which revolve around the present and future of Internet Technologies. Take a look at them below:
Still confused about Curation? Take a look at the video below, it will give you a funny take on content curation.
Ok, get to it! Start Curating….
- It’s 2012: Poop or Get Off The Pot. It’s Time To Step Up Your Content Game (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- Digital Content Curation: Good Advice On How To Become A Content Curator (scoop.it)