At one time I was not a fan of any management tools, in retrospect I believe that was primarily due to the lack of need for them. If you are working with a small amount of accounts or in the beginning stages of your social media usage the need for management tools are minimal. However, as your business grows, the accounts you manage expand and your social optimization plan evolves you WILL need any and every management tool you can find. So, needless to say the philosophy that I could manage multiple social media accounts without any tools went out the window.
I tried a few tools that had me manage accounts by way of some form of dashboard. Although these tools seem to work for many, I honestly found the buzzing, movement and noise of the dashboard to be a bit much. I am not by any stretch minimizing any of these platforms but sometimes a platform is just not for you or your brand. I am a huge advocated of trying any and everything that seems of interest but I will only stick with them if they fit my branding, marketing and or digital marketing needs.
At this point in the social media game we realize the importance of Twitter for marketing a business. It is quite frankly my number one social media platform to reach business leads. Although I do love some of the others, I find that Twitter has worked very well for allowing me to build an amazing network of friends, followers, clients and potential clients. So if you use Twitter as much as I do and you find it to be an essential part of your digital marketing strategy, it is imperative to find a great platform or tool that helps to manage your Twitter profiles, especially if you manage more than one brand.
After trying a lot of Twitter Management tools and platforms I found out about Commun.it. Well the search for a Twitter Management Tool was OVER because this one fit like a glove. If you’ve ever read this blog, i’m sure you’ve read a post or two about how Commun.it makes my Digital Marketing Life Complete! They are my Digital Marketing soul mates, the Yin to my Yang, the peanut butter to my jelly, you get it right? In a nutshell they have it figured out and they continue to one up themselves with the upgrades which meet needs that a person didn’t even know they had. The Commun.it Team Rocks on Ice as well!
Commun.it offers the ability to totally manage ALL of your Twitter presences from one platform . In one of the many amazing upgrades, they now offer the ability to manage more than one Twitter profile. This is HUGE especially if, like me you are manager of more than one brand. I am currently managing four of my largest brands using Commun.it and it has really allowed me to maximize my Workflow.
- Build Relationships: This is the area that allows you to see a list of people that are more in touch with your brand. This section is separated by Most Engaged Members, Supporters, Influencers and Starred Members. This list changes according to engagement level but most importantly it allows you to interact more with the people that are in touch with your brand so that you can build a better relationship.
- Manage: This section allows you to analyze your New Followers, New Unfollowers, Consider to Follow and Consider to Unfollow. This is a great guide in allowing you to monitor your Twitter account in a very strategic way.
- Discover Leads: The most powerful sections of this platform or any platform that allows you to connect with Leads. This is an essential element to any sales driven industry. You have to spend a few minutes setting up key words and or phrases which allow Commun.it to compile this data for you, but after that you are golden.
Commun.it recently added more awesome sauce if you can image that! Using this very powerful platform we now have the ability to import Twitter lists and use the above functions, Build Relationships, Manage and Discover leads. These three functions are essential elements to any social media platform. I love the, discover leads options because as business owners and Entrepreneurs one has to be the marketing, graphics, account, sales departments and more. So one must have the ability to connect with and discover leads and Commun.it allows you to do so using Twitter which is one of the most amazing social media platforms for connecting with potential clients.
Why it’s Important
Social Media has removed barriers in creating new business relationships, and Twitter makes it easier than ever to connect with anyone. But the chaotic and disruptive nature of Twitter creates a huge challenge for businesses to leverage its potential and put all of the relationships in a business context. This is why for businesses that grow and rely on building & maintaining relationships with their customers, prospects, and partners, relationship management has become more important than ever. While traditionally businesses maintained various silos of relationship management activities (lead generation, CRM, support channels, sales funnel…), social media & online channels are creating a sea change in this area: there is a convergence in the mediums that are used to engage with potential customers, new leads, support cases and more – and the differentiation in these categories becomes blurred as well.
Commun.it is the first solution that fuses community management, CRM and lead generation in a way that enables business-focused relationship management on Twitter.
How Relationship Management Works in Commun.it
Commun.it dashboard is intutive and easy to use. See how you manage relationships in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Incoming engagements are prioritized – easily focus on your high-value members – top influencers that drive awareness, top supporters that spread your word, most engaged members, potential leads
- Step 2: Relationship context in a glance – quickly scan through members in each list and see your relationship status, total # of engagements you made, # of times he mentioned items you monitor
- Step 3: Full relationship history with a member – drill down to a member reveals full relationship history – all mutual engagements ever made (including all mentions, replies, retweets and dms you ever made), since when you are following each other
One of the things that allows Commun.it to surpass the minimal competition that they do have is that they offer amazing features with the user in mind. Take a look at the video series that I created below to give you a demo of some of the features that are listed above.
I am using The Pro Version of Commun.it and I am really loving it. If interested in the functionality of this platform, check out the Commun.it Pro Tier . I would love to to know what you think of Commun.it! Feel free to catch me on Facebook, G+ or Twitter of course. 🙂
- Social Media And Technology: Progress IS NOT Going To Stop So You Can Catch Up! Expand Your Mind (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- The 12 Essential #WordPress Plugins That EVERY #BLOGGER NEEDS (anisesmithmarketing.com)
- #SocialMedia Platforms And #EmpireAvenue: Different Strokes For Different Folks (anisesmithmarketing.com)